This is week two of this weekly self-care challenge. Each week I will be challenging us to do one of the self-care options below for each day of the upcoming week. I encourage you to keep a journal of each of these tips so it will become a natural part of your regular self-care habits. I developed a formula to help describe the three main goals of these weekly tips i.e. my formula for self-care. Building AWARENESS +remaining CONSISTENT +making TIME =an ACT. Building the awareness around self-care habits, making time for self-care and staying consistent is an act of taking care of ourselves.
- SUNDAY-self breast exam, I am not a medical professional so if you require additional information or if you’ve never done a self breast exam before I suggest consulting with your doctor. If you’ve done self breast exams in the past, I encourage you to do one today especially if it’s been a while.
- MONDAY-infused water, I like lemon and strawberry in my infused water. Once I added basil leaves and it was a total game changer. Infused waters are packed with vitamins and nutrients for obvious reasons and it adds an extra hint of flavor. Devote your Monday to drinking infused water. All day if you can.
- TUESDAY-healthy snack, if you’re always reaching for cookies and chips when you get hungry in between meals, switch it up today. Exchange your cookies for fruits and nuts instead.
- WEDNESDAY-do something for you, for some people this may be as simple as taking a walk or a bubble bath. Whatever you choose to do, if you can, try and make it uninterrupted time.
- THURSDAY-self check in (remember to breathe), I chose this because while I was brainstorming ideas I noticed I was holding a lot of tension in my shoulders. So today I encourage you to do a few self check ins and become aware of your body. Where are you holding tension? Are you breathing? While you may not be intentionally holding your breath, be sure to take a pause and take several deep breaths throughout the day to release tension and anxiety.
- FRIDAY- switch 30mins to an hour of tv and listen to a podcast instead, I don’t listen to podcast often but when I do, I like to listen to Myleik Teele I always feel so inspired and encouraged by everything that she shares. Be sure to take notes.
- SATURDAY- take time out for a good laugh, call a friend or family member that you know will crack you up, watch a movie, or have fun with the kids. No matter what you do today make sure you take time out to laugh.
These are simple daily habits that shouldn’t take much of your time. It may not seem like much but little habits can turn into life long routines…if you stay consistent.
How many of the suggested habits did you add to your routine each day? Let’s chat!
tag me in your self-care post on instagram I’m @tam33ks