Blog-OWEEN—one week of inspired self-care ideas (Oct. 24th-31st). Self-care is creating a platform to help you manifest the life you want to live, it looks different for everyone. Self-care is key; internally, externally, and always cooking good food
If you asked me to describe myself, the word “procrastination” is not an adjective I would use. I don’t work well under pressure so in my mind I don’t’ put things off until the last minute. However, I’ve been known to wait until the last minute to get things done because I feel like I have time, until I don’t lol.
Procrastination is a real thing but the word is often overused. Some people put things off until the last minute because they can’t find the time. Having a family, a job, taking care of the house, or an elderly family member all get in the way of getting things done ahead of time and when the activity is not pressing or if it’s not a priority it’s easy to continue pushing things to the bottom of the list until you check your calendar and realize that Halloween is only THREE days away!!!!
In this post I will cover the three main components you’ll need in order to make your Halloween a success: Candy, Costume, Decorations or as I like to call them, the double CD.
- The stores are out of CANDY!!—I don’t know about you but I don’t like running from store to store to find items that are sold out everywhere. It’s just so cumbersome and tireless. Unless you’re okay with purchasing the bags of candy with random church peppermints, butterscotch or whatever this candy is called.
then It’s time for you to get creative. As a procrastinator you have to be creative and innovative, and you have to be confident in the work you put out especially if it’s unique. If you know the stores will be out of candy, what’s your go to? Rice Crispy Treats this ooey, gooey, sticky goodness has only three main ingredients: 1. Rice Krispies Cereal; 2. Marshmallows; 3). Butter (you can even make them vegan friendly).
In this video she shares FIVE ways that you can amp up your rice crispy treat game
- %$&* I forgot to get the kids COSTUMES—For some of us this may be an easy fix, you just pull out the sewing machine and VIOLA you have a finished garment. If there’s no inner Vera Wang, Michael Kors, or Zac Posen for you to channel then we have a small problem. Let me say this again as a procrastinator you have to be creative, innovative and confident in the work you produce.
Some Ideas to Consider:
- What are some very SIMPLE options you can pull off using items around the house?
- A ghost?
- A zombie?
- A creative made up character using the COVID mask as a part of the costume?
- A Model?
- Using pieces of items from past Halloween costumes
- Last year’s costume? (I know most kids aren’t down for this but my cousin’s daughter wore her pumpkin costume until she could no longer fit into it).
- Amazon Prime…the holy grail of ordering items online, and if you order NOW you can get your items on or before Halloween.
- This site provides a list of last minute costume ideas.
- I still haven’t DECORATED—If you have a stash of decorations already at home then you’re probably set or, if you’re into arts and crafts this would likely be a no brainer for you too. I discussed an arts and craft project in this blog post and there’s a link that will bring you to other options on pinterest. But if all you have is access to a printer then I’ve got you covered. One last time, as a procrastinator you have to be creative, innovative and confident in the work you produce. Printables are an inexpensive, creative and unique way to decorate at the last minute. PLUS, I’ve done all the leg work for you, I’ve found sites that have over THREE HUNDRED free printables for you to choose from.
- Pandemic Printables
- 60 Free Printables
- 7 Free Printables
- 16 Free Printables
- 101 Free Printables
- Free Printables
- 150 Free Printables
Let me know if this was useful. We should chat!
Tag me in your post on Instagram I’m @tam33ks